Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Opportunity Abounds

I LOVE when things go wrong.  Don't get me wrong, I plan meticulously and try to eliminate any chance of error but, somtimes things happen beyond your control.  Now, I know this sounds sacreligeous but this is when opportunity abounds.  Icy roads, miscalculated crowd flow, merchandise that didn't show...these are all opportunities to point fingers or shine.  Choose wisely my friend.

Losers point fingers.  That's right, I said, "losers point fingers".  When things go awry bad leaders quickly throw subordinates under the bus.  I hate that.  If things don't work out, take responsiblity and lead the way to success.  Protect your people and devise solutions that will surprise and delight your customers.  It's not that hard, all it takes is guts.

True leaders protect their people.  True leaders take the bullet.  True leaders lead by leading.  It's time to stop pointing fingers and making excuses and lead by example.  In the end, no one matters more than your customer.  Despite the circumstances devise a winning game plan.  NEVER let your customer know what went wrong, just let them enjoy interacting with you in an amazing and memorable way.

1 comment: