Sunday, September 18, 2011

Turning Lemons into Lemonade

Two thoughts today.  First; the new Fiat commercial featuring Jennifer Lopez is embarassing.  Now don't get me wrong, I'm a Fiat fan from way back.  I owned an X19 which didn't fall apart and my daughters and I still enjoy Jlo in the movie, Selena.  The commercial starts fine but that dance sequence at the end had me feeling awkward in a way I thought only Steve Carrell could create.

A couple weeks ago I was on a cross country flight aboard Frontier Airlines.  Comfortable plane but, a couple references to an owl who was flying with us (painted on the tail) that I just didn't get.  We stopped in Denver but were delayed getting back off the ground.  It was 93 degrees outside but felt much warmer inside.  We sat and sat, the plane grew warmer and the flight crew remained seated and speachless.  Thirty minutes later and sweat was running down my cheek and still no announcement as to why we were delayed or when this punishment would end.

Now, I'm all for complying with FAA Regulations but, couldn't someone have at least announced what was going on?  Better yet, what if the flight crew had grabbed a drink cart and handed out ice cold beer and water to the suffering passengers.  That certainly would have left me with a better impression of Frontier than the one that was burned into me.

No comments:

Post a Comment