Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Right Tool for the Job

These days everyone wants you to follow them on twitter.  Just this week, my laundry soap, the guy who fixed my garage door and the produce stand where I bought some veggies all invited me to "follow" them on twitter.  Really?  Why would I want to do that??

Outside of the simple transaction I made with these entities why would I want to have a relationship with them?  I get it, everyone's on twitter so you feel you have to be too.  But, do you really understand how to use it and why people are on it?

Twitter is best used by celebrities and the semi-famous.  The rest of us are curious and want to know what's going on in their lives.  We think their lives are interesting.  Ask this same question of your business; is my produce stand interesting?  Does anyone care what we're thinking right now?

The answer becomes pretty obvious.  Don't use a hammer to drill a hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment